Anatomic Yoga Intensive
Dec 1, 2012 - Dec 8, 2012
with Ray Long, MD and Michele Fife
This is a five-day multimedia interactive workshop covering anatomy, physiology, and therapeutics for yoga practitioners and teachers.
What you will learn:
- The anatomy and physiology and physical examination of the major joints
- Muscle physiology with practical applications of PNF and other stretching techniques
- The anatomy and physiology of breathing applied to yoga
- How to analyze poses from a scientific perspective
- How to identify and manage common pathological conditions affecting the major joints
This will be a highly-educational, intensive, yet fun workshop in paradise!
|Interactive multimedia presentation of yoga anatomy -- including 3-D illustrations, radiological images and surgical videos
|Free time -- you're in Costa Rica, we think it's important that you have time to enjoy it!
|Yoga session incorporating practical application of morning topics.
|Ray Long, MD, FRCSC is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and the author of the best-selling Scientific Keys and Mat companion book series on combining modern science and yoga.|
|Michele Fife, E-RTY is owner of Seva Yoga in East Grand Rapids, MI and Director of the Seva Yoga Teacher Training School. Trained in many Yoga disciplines, her style effects her many years of practice and experience. Michele also works as the Wellness Expert for ABC affiliate WOTV4.|
|Chris Macivor is an accomplished digital anatomic illustrator who assists Ray with real-time 3-D presentations of the anatomic body in yoga.|